I'm a front-end interaction designer with next-to-no knowledge of Zope
or ZPTs. I only found out what they were yesterday...
I also just found out that we are now using zpt's in a new project...
fine so far. However I normally use Dreamweaver (8), mainly just as a
text editor and asset manager, but am experiencing one slight problem.
DW doesn't seem to be able to search for text inside .zpt files...
(Apparently we can't change the .zpt file extension for legacy reasons -
I didn't follow the technical explanation.)
I've updated a couple of DW's config files to recognize ZPT files
(grateful for the following discussion:
<http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zpt/2005-May/005981.html>) but DW still
won't find text strings inside .zpt files.
Well, Dreamweaver is broken in several places - incorrect WebDAV
handling just to name one. Usually and in case of zope anyway,
since webdav is based on HTTP, a client really gets the information
of the resource including its mime-type. From DAV point of view
there is no need to even have sufixes on files in any way.
You can however map sufixes in windows to file types as well
as you can do it in DW for specific file handling (for example
add your .zpt to the list of sufixes for html)
I dont know about searching - but if all fails you can easily
seach inside zope. Yet with "external editor" you could even
lauch DW or any suitable editor right from zopes management
Also there is for example webdrive/teamdrive which enable
windows to access webdav resources like drives - so you
also could operate on top of that with your applications.
ZPT mailing list