I am interested in GSOC 2013 project that is Automatic Resizing of LVM
and File system. The basic idea of project is below:

If the free space drops before certain threshold etc. The installer
should be modified to compute the necessary space needed for
installing the selected set of packages and allocate the LVM volumes
'just big enough' for the installation. With future automatic resizing
of the LVM / FS, this would save storage capacity in the volume group
which would otherwise be unnecessarily allocated for /, /usr etc.

Details can be found here:

I am very much interested to work for this project idea under the
guidance of a mentor. Unlikely there is no mentor for this project
right now, So i would be thankful if anyone here can help me with this
project. I am new to open source development and willing to work hard
to contribute to openSUSE world.

Akif Khan
Computer Engineering Student
Jamia Milia Islamia University, New Delhi