On Sunday 17 March 2013 07:43:11 Akif Khan wrote:
> I am interested in GSOC 2013 project that is Automatic Resizing of LVM
> and File system. The basic idea of project is below:
> If the free space drops before certain threshold etc. The installer
> should be modified to compute the necessary space needed for
> installing the selected set of packages and allocate the LVM volumes

Nice idea. Software installation might not be the only task asking for such
kind of feature. I'd suggest to follow snappers example and develop
the 'resizer' as a standalone application.
The installer (libzypp) could be modified to look for a plugin (provided by
e.g. your application) willing to handle a low disk space exception.

    Michael Andres

Key fingerprint = 2DFA 5D73 18B1 E7EF A862  27AC 3FB8 9E3A 27C6 B0E4
Michael Andres   SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Development,   m...@suse.de
GF:Jeff Hawn,Jennifer Guild,Felix Imend├Ârffer, HRB16746(AG N├╝rnberg)
Maxfeldstrasse 5, D-90409 Nuernberg, Germany, ++49 (0)911 - 740 53-0