On Thursday 02 May 2013 16:21:45 Tony Wolf wrote:
> So, rpm sees all installed packages; but the @System/solv files seems to
> be broken.
> We use the following versions:
>    * zypper 1.8.9 (+ bugfix of swig BoolSave)
>    * libzypp 13.1.0
>    * libsolv latest snapshot from git/origin
>    * boost 1.53.0
> Do you have a hint, where I may take a look at, to solve the problem?

In general: In openSUSE we use a static libsolv. This way it is important that
libzypp (staticaly linked against libsolv) and the libsolv-tools (dumpsoplv
and tools to create the solv files) are based on the same libsolv version.

If you are also building the libs on this machine, be sure that you do not
have conflicting versions installed in /usr and /usr/local. libzypp follows
$PATH when calling the libsolv-tools.

`rpmdb2solv | dumpsolv` should give you a reasonable dump of the rpm database.
If it does not, try `rpm --rebuilddb` to be sure the rpm database is ok.

If the above works, then simply remove the @System solv directory.
`zypper ref` will recreate it.

If the above does not work, we need to ask Michael Schroeder.

    Michael Andres

Key fingerprint = 2DFA 5D73 18B1 E7EF A862  27AC 3FB8 9E3A 27C6 B0E4
Michael Andres   SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Development,   m...@suse.de
GF:Jeff Hawn,Jennifer Guild,Felix Imend├Ârffer, HRB16746(AG N├╝rnberg)
Maxfeldstrasse 5, D-90409 Nuernberg, Germany, ++49 (0)911 - 740 53-0