On Thu, Jun 06, 2013 at 03:26:11PM +0200, Sebastian Schubert wrote:
> I want to install the package flac2all:
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=flac2all&project=home%3Asebschub
> which is only available in this very repository (my obs home
> repository). I thus added the home repository to my local list of
> repositories (see below for list of activated repositories).
>
> Installing from the repository does not take into account the
> recommended and suggested packages:
>
> # zypper in flac2all
> [...]
> # zypper in /home/schubert/Downloads/flac2all-3.28-2.1.noarch.rpm
> [...]
> The following package is recommended, but will not be installed because
> it's unwanted (was manually removed before):
>
>   vorbis-tools
> [...]
> I would expect the very same behaviour. Is this a bug or a feature?

Looks like a bug to me. As I don't see anything in your flac packages
that recommends vorbis-tools, it looks like the "zypper in flac2all"
run is actually correct. The zypper.log probably contains some hints
about what's going on.

Cheers,
  Michael.

--
Michael Schroeder                                   m...@suse.de
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH,  GF Jeff Hawn, HRB 16746 AG Nuernberg