On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 10:30:15PM +0000, Nashif, Anas wrote:
> when using patches, how can one add packages to be installed on the system
> (that were not installed before) or remove packages?
> I understand this can be done in packages directly by either adding
> dependencies to other packages or obsoleting package, but is there some other
> way to do it?

Dependency wise, patches are just solvables, so they can contain requires
and conflicts. But patches are generated from the data in updateinfo.xml,
and that therefore can only update installed packages.

(You can somewhat do removals of packages by having packages in updateinfo.xml
that do not exist in the repository. But that is a hack.)

Michael Schroeder                                   m...@suse.de
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH,  GF Jeff Hawn, HRB 16746 AG Nuernberg