Hi Anas,

On 07/26/2013 08:35 PM, Nashif, Anas wrote:

There seem to be a hard dependency between product definition and the
<dist>-release package, when the release-package is updated, the product is
being removed:

Reading installed packages...
Computing distribution upgrade...

The following product is going to be REMOVED:

Is the –release package a special package that can't be updated or am I missing
something here?

The -release package gets updated as any other package - in fact, it is the step which is done to enable on-line migration of our products.

The relation between the -release and -release-<flavor> packages and the product is expressed by the dependencies.

I don't know your specific case, but is there any chance that the newer version of the package misses the needed Provide dependencies? Is the product (with newer version) also included in the metadata (repodata/products.xml)?

Jiri Srain
Project Manager
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.                            e-mail: jsr...@suse.com
Lihovarska 1060/12                            tel: +420 284 084 659
190 00 Praha 9                                fax: +420 284 084 001
Czech Republic                                http://www.suse.com