Am Freitag, 6. September 2013, 09:25:57 schrieb Lukas Appelhans:
> Thanks for the responses so far!
>
> I'm have no knowledge about libzypp, where it stores its data and what.
> Generally, libappstreamcore has to parse this appdata.xml file at some
> point, to make the information available through its Xapian database. As it
> does not download anything, the appdata.xml file(s) have to be on disc
> somewhere for it to use. (That's as far as I understood the concept.)
>
> What do you mean by the appdata.xml being "in the repo", is that on my
> computer somewhere?

It is part of the rpm-md and suse meta data. It is usually on disk in the zypp
cache, for example

 /var/cache/zypp/raw/openSUSE-12.3-1.7/suse/setup/descr/appdata.xml.gz

on standard openSUSE 12.3 system. Our in general

  /var/cache/zypp/raw/*/repodata/*-appdata.xml.gz

for some OBS rpm-md repositories.

> And generally I need the data not only for installed applications. Muon
> Discover will only show those applications in the GUI which are contained
> inside the AppStream files.

I hope libzypp offers an interface to access this data, so that you do not
need to implement your own parsers for all metadata formats.

--

Adrian Schroeter
email: adr...@suse.de

(AG Nürnberg)