On Tue, 26 Nov 2013, Michael Matz wrote:

Is there an easy solution to this?
Problem: solvable libstdc++6-4.8.1_20130909-3.2.1.i586 conflicts with
libstdc++6 provided by itself

This is a 12.1 system I am trying to upgrade to 13.1 so most likely not
something usual, but still- this seems to be a change on the package
level, even rpm itself would need force and nodeps so I wonder if
there's an easy way out (besides reinstall or possibly upgrade from the
media).

You somehow need an upgraded zypp stack, which will ignore the self
conflict.

Yeah, but it's kind of tough as the new zypp stack requires new libstdc++ and a bunch of other things which I don't really want to force install.

Michal