Hi all!

I'd like to better understand some zypp (maybe libsolv) implementation
details. Could anybody help me, please!

The question is as follows: consider we have a couple of packages a and
b. Dependencies rules imply that a requires b. Reflecting that clause
should be as (not a or b), right?

But if a is not chosen for installation b gets freedom to have any
value, either true or false without any consequent breaks of a solution.

What strategy do zypp use to left the b variable unchanged? I mean left
corresponding package uninstalled if it was uninstalled. Is it possible
to do that strictly or it always implies some probability?

Thank you a lot for your answer! :))

--
Michael Pozhidaev. Tomsk, Russia.
Russian info page: http://www.marigostra.ru/