Hi Alex,

On Wednesday 21 May 2014 23:24:03 Alex Nek wrote:
> Hi dear developer,
> I have on the my virtual web server very old Suse version - 9.1
> I want to upgrade it step by step 9->10->11->->12 to the latest one.
> It is it possible?
> If yes, can I find somewhere zypper version for version 9.1? If not, is
> it possible to build it myself for 9.1?

zypper was introduced with openSUSE 10.2.

But its not only about zypper.
openSUSE (formerly known as "SUSE Linux professioal") only supports upgrades to
the directly following version. This is due to changes of configurations and
to other technologies (like replacing init with systemd).

So from 9.1 to 13.1 you'd have to perform 15 system upgrades.
See version history:

My guess is, that it might be a lot easier for you to do a plain installation
(maybe on a
separate partition) of openSUSE 13.1 and then apply your configurations from
the old
system manually. This is most likely the fastest and cleanest way to switch to
latest openSUSE release.

However if you do the 15 upgrades (and succeed), please blog about your

J. Daniel Schmidt <j...@suse.de>         SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Research & Development                   Maxfeldstr. 5
HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)                  D-90409 Nürnberg
GF:  Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer