Hi Michael,

in general it seems useful. But allowing people to choose attribute
names for variables may prevent us from adding specific attibutes to
repoindex later.

BTW here is my repoindex-based approach to openSUSE repos:

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 12:06:32PM +0200, Michael Andres wrote:
> Note @repo/distro_target:
> If defined, the option hides the repo if it is not matching the currently
> installed distro. Basically you could have repos for "openSUSE-12.3-x86_64"
> and "openSUSE-13.1-x86_64" in one service. Repos without 'distro_target' (or
> an empty one) are visible on all systems.

So what is the format of /repoindex/repo/@distro_target in terms of
/etc/os-release? Because it is easy to guess for openSUSE but hard
for SLE[SD]-.*.

${NAME}-${VERSION_ID}-$(uname -i)

Martin Vidner, Cloud & Systems Management Team