On Monday 01 December 2014 07:33:40 grantksupp...@operamail.com wrote:
> I'd like to add comments to my /etc/zypp/locks file.
> I note that any added are, eventually, removed automatically from the locks
> file.
> Also, I see that changes are automatically made e.g. rewriting a simple
> solvable version match to a more complex form
>   complex: AttrMatchData solvable:name cups-* C SolvableRange\ >\ 1.7.0\
> \"\"
> Is there a toggle/flag to PREVENT automated overwrite of user mods to the
> locks file?

No. The locks file just a serialized set of PoolQueries.
It's parsed+applied, collected+written. There's no coupling
between parsed and written values.

Preserving comments and user modifications is probably not too hard to
implement. If you like to open an issue at
https://github.com/openSUSE/zypper/issues, maybe someone is willing to
provide a patch.

    Michael Andres

Key fingerprint = 2DFA 5D73 18B1 E7EF A862  27AC 3FB8 9E3A 27C6 B0E4
Michael Andres       SUSE LINUX GmbH, Development,        m...@suse.de
GF:Jeff Hawn,Jennifer Guild,Felix Imend├Ârffer, HRB21284(AG N├╝rnberg)
Maxfeldstrasse 5, D-90409 Nuernberg, Germany, ++49 (0)911 - 740 53-0