On Wed 2015-01-14, Michael Andres wrote:
> Some of you may know about the '$releasever' placeholder which can be
> used in yum .repo files. On openSUSE the variable is substituted by
> the current distributions version (here 13.1):

Thanks for the hint, Michael.

I tried this on a Factory system where I did get

  % zypper ar -f -d
http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/packman/suse/\$releasever/Essentials/ packman
  Repository 'packman' successfully added
  Enabled     : No
  Autorefresh : Yes
  GPG check   : Yes
  URI         : http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/packman/suse/20150205/Essentials/

So, it seems for Factory we still should hardcode just "Factory"
instead of using "$releasever"?

Dr. Gerald Pfeifer <g...@suse.com>
Sr. Director Product Management and Operations, SUSE