I'm running Opensuse Leap.

If I disable the zypper Opensuse update repo

        enabled=0
        baseurl=http://download.opensuse.org/update/leap/42.1/oss/

And exec for example

        zypper se -s | grep letsencrypt

It works

           | letsencrypt.sh
 | package     | 0.1.0-4.1                             | noarch |
opensuse-security
           | letsencrypt.sh
 | srcpackage  | 0.1.0-4.1                             | noarch |
opensuse-security
           | letsencrypt.sh-apache2
 | package     | 0.1.0-4.1                             | noarch |
opensuse-security
           | letsencrypt.sh-nginx
 | package     | 0.1.0-4.1                             | noarch |
opensuse-security

But if I ENable it

        enabled=1
        baseurl=http://download.opensuse.org/update/leap/42.1/oss/

The output is now padded with tens of thousands of spaces for each line

I'm not gonna paste the output here, but

        zypper se -s | grep letsencrypt

If

        > DISable the repo
        zypper se -s | grep letsencrypt > tmp1.txt
        > ENable the repo
        zypper se -s | grep letsencrypt > tmp2.txt

you can see the difference in size -- 632 bytes vs 40K bytes!

        -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 632 Jul 30 11:15 tmp1.txt
        -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 40K Jul 30 11:08 tmp2.txt

This is ONLY with this specific 'update' repo.  All other repos work either
way, enable or disabled.

It's reproducible on a bunch of different machines here.