Our attorney advises you and everyone else to consult their own
attorney.

We've put up update 20, though it will probably change:

http://www.mindfreedom.org/know/psych-drug-corp/eli-lilly-secrets/

It has the third TRO that Eli Lilly attorneys are probably referring to.

On Jan 4, 2007, at 11:11 AM, David Weekly wrote:

> David,
>
> [necessary disclaimer: I am not a lawyer. Please do not take the below
> as legal advice. I recommend you retain professional counsel if you
> have not yet already.]
>
> I think you're right that if the wiki only contains textual
> information about how to find the information, it's probably
> justifiable as free speech and is absolutely not subject to a DMCA
> takedown by Eli's lawyers. In fact, if Eli attempts a DMCA takedown on
> material that they don't own the copyright on - effectively abusing
> the DMCA - you can countersue them under 512(f). I've done this
> effectively in federal court - see OPG v Diebold.
>
> Actual hyperlinks to copyrighted information might or might not be
> okay - there is actually conflicting case history about this. A fair
> use defense under the "public interest" clause is in this case very
> likely tenable. Of course, if a fair use defense for republication is
> tenable then even direct republication would be permissible.
>
> So under copyright, I think you have a strong case for permissibility
> given your public interest exemption.
>
> But this does not cover a separate court injunction against the
> redistribution of this information. Eli's lawyers said there was one
> but failed to cite it. If there is one - and I'd rather hear from Eli
> than you about the details - then distributing even textual
> information about how to obtain and redistribute the information could
> land you in contempt of court.
>
> I'll be clear that my company will do all it can legally do to let its
> users exercise their First Amendment rights. But we can go no further
> than the law; if a judge were to tell us to take the material down,
> then we would do so.
>
> Yours,
> David Weekly
> CEO of PBwiki

David Oaks, Director
MindFreedom International
454 Willamette, Suite 216 - POB 11284
Eugene, OR 97440-3484 USA

web: http://www.mindfreedom.org
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
office phone: (541) 345-9106
fax: (541) 345-3737
member services toll free in USA: 1-877-MAD-PRID[e] or 1-877-623-7743

United Action for Human Rights in Mental Health.

MindFreedom International is an independent
non-profit uniting 100 sponsor groups
to win human rights & alternatives in mental health.
Accredited by the United Nations as a
Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) with
Consultative Roster Status.

Join now! http://www.mindfreedom.org/join-donate

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the
creatively maladjusted." - Martin Luther King, Jr.