Girls Charged in Online Threats Released
  From Associated Press
  January 26, 2007
    DUNLAP, Tenn. - A juvenile court judge on Friday released six high school
girls from police custody two days after they were accused of making
threatening online posts about classmates, teachers and others, including
President Bush.
  School officials had also found a printed list including the names of Tom
Cruise, Oprah Winfrey and the Energizer bunny. They first considered it a joke,
but authorities then found the ninth-graders' online MySpace pages and postings
with the word "kill."
  There was no evidence they had weapons or that an attack was imminent.
  The girls were charged Wednesday with conspiracy to commit criminal homicide.
  The Secret Service does not comment on investigations of threats to the
president, but Sequatchie County High School Principal Tommy Layne said agents
visited the school and determined there was no threat to Bush.
  The girls were also removed from school and told to take classes off campus,
prosecutors said. They cannot have access to weapons and must undergo
psychiatric evaluations.
  "I think the best thing to do is wait until we know all the facts," said
Keith Grant, attorney for one of the girls. "There are two camps on this thing:
One is that it's very serious; the other is that it's just goofy girls."
  Dunlap is about 40 miles northwest of Chattanooga.

TV dinner still cooling?