http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070223223826AA1zNly&r=w#NbUvWjK4UjWw4J90_T.D

  Ignorance means that one does not have the facts or the truth and many people
are ignorant in these days and times. For something to be scientific then it
has to have scientific applications based on theory, practice, measurement, and
a way to test it and it must be reliable over time and valid in every instance,
psychiatry and psychology can not be this. So that is why it can not be
considered true science. It changes it is changeable, the things we test are
actually variable and not constant, it can not be proven, nor can it be
disproven. People who don't understand something will often dismiss it as
fiction. It is not if you understand it or not there are high ethical standards
which must apply or be applied to call some thing scientific facts. Why not
trust people who know how to siphon out the truth about the false science? To
not do this that is what is ignorant. By the way I am not a scientologist I
have just studied it from all aspects..

Careful there, ideology is allowed to trump evidence and that is why they are
setting up data based evidence to use as the new science. All the issues such
as violence, rape, problems in public schools, child rearing, and poverty are
being used to scare the bedevil out of lots of people to keep them in their
places and get them to get this psychiatric / psychological "treatment". I
don't want to give them that edge because most of what they are doing is
failing people and causing it to be worse.

Have you seen how statistically the numbers have went up and not down so they
could use it for proof that they need more dollars for more programs / people
to "treat" people with and how they use it in unconstitutionally "he says" "she
says" based courts to coerce and force this kind of treatment on people if they
actually need it or want it or not? Once medically labeled the label never goes
away and can and does affect the person in different ways for the rest of their
lives, unless this is stopped.

Peer review still won't make it science, but it might make it better, and
holding those accountable that need to be held accountable. They say they are
"helping" others and yet when it comes to terrible things happening under their
form of "help" they take no responsibility. They say they don't have to because
they can always afford the best defenses, the people that they are doing this
to against their will can pay for it with their taxes from their horrible scale
wages. They form groups to wipe out any that question their sacred dogma.

Things are getting better slowly, as some of these psychobabbelists are
becoming evolutionarily informed, but there is still too much detritus hanging
on in this discipline. Like someone said our country is going broke and they
can't afford to pay for this forever, so the tides will have to turn
eventually, what that will leave without those of us who are here to make sure
it doesn't is that no person that really needs any kind of assistance will
really get it because the money will have already been wasted up, nothing will
have actually changed or gotten better, people will be hooked on mind altering
brain damaging drugs, and people will be tired of paying in to support this.

So if we are going to stop it then we have to find the alternatives and not
just think about ourselves and how good we might be doing. We may be doing
fine, but others might not be and so if we are going to stop it we must see
that the real damage to people is minimalized and everyone gets out safe and
happy and whole and that leads to America being a country with good mental
health overall. Viola, propaganda stopped and people doing better things and
having what they really need in life.
Source(s):
http://home.earthlink.net/~people-of-cou...
http://home.earthlink.net/~people-of-cou...
Produced by a Psychogerontologist =the branch of science that deals with
learning some unidentified branch of advocacy or philosophical knowledge
throughout the aging process Janie Lee, M.Ed.

   http://home.earthlink.net/~people-of-courage/
  http://home.earthlink.net/~people-of-courage/lawsandrights