Steve,
Your friend may be right. Java issue most likely?
Do you have MRJ 2.2.6? Here's a link for it:
<http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/3299>

Have you tried NS 4.79? NS 4.04 is just too old
not to have problems/issues with a lot of sites.
Latest icab would be 2.9.8. That's about as small a browser
as you're going to find. If things don't work with it........

Don't know if updating to 8.6 will help with java. Here's a link to
download 8.6 but it's 34meg so dialup might be a problem for you.
<http://download.info.apple.com/Apple_Support_Area/Apple_Software_Updates/Engl
ish-North_American/Macintosh/System/Mac_OS_8.6_Update/Mac_OS_8.6_Update.smi.bi
n>

I still say you are way short on real memory & are always going
to have browser & internet issues. Just my .02
Bob

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 00:03:49 EST, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> In a message dated 3/28/05 4:38:44 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>>
>> >Original issue: Yahoo! groups crashes my browser with an error of Type2
>> >
>> >PowerMac 5400/180
>> >24M RAM
>> >25M Virtual Memory  (Yeah Yeah, am gonna get more RAM as soon as
>> >finances permit it)
>> >
>> >I was told this is my solution:
>> >
>> >http://www.opera.com is probably a good place to look.  Specifically
>> >http://www.opera.com/download/
>> >
>> >Or google for "opera".  It's the first link.
>> >
>> >Now, I had always been told Opera would not work on a Mac
>> >Thats why I have NS and iCab (iCab is still kinda slow even on a PowerMac)
>> >
>> >But I tried their solution, with the following results:
>> >
>> >Whelp, tried the download link and it crashes the browser with an error
>> >of Type 3 so I guess thats out
>> >
>> >Steve
>>
>> No mention of what OS or browser versions you're using & it might help.
>> Most likely is lack of memory issue :-(
>> How much memory is OS using?
>> How much memory assigned to browser?
>> Could be related to content of web page. Do you have Flash installed?
>> Here's link to Opera 6.03 which is for OS8 & 9.
>> <http://www.opera.com/download/index.dml?platform=mac&ver=6.03>

  --> AOL users, remove "mailto:";
Send list messages to:   <mailto:1st-powermacs@mail.maclaunch.com>
To unsubscribe, email:   <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For digest mode, email:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subscription questions:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
List archive:            <http://mail.maclaunch.com/lists/1st-powermacs/>

iPod Accessories for Less
at 1-800-iPOD.COM
Fast Delivery, Low Price, Good Deal