> I have an Apple internal drive (600i) which I want to install in my 7100,
> but the fittings in the machine are different to the fittings on the drive,
> can anybody help?

Does the 7100 use a plastic sled like the 8100?  I believe the 6100 also
uses a mounting sled.  Not sure about 7100's, but thought it would be the
same method for mounting the CD drive.  CDROM drive is mounted to the sled
(using the four screw holes that all CD drives seem to have) and the sled
slides into the open bay slot.

If your 7100 has the original 2x CDROM drive, such a sled should be there.
If the 7100 has no CDROM drive for some reason, it may be missing.

- Ken W

  --> AOL users, remove "mailto:";
Send list messages to:   <mailto:1st-powermacs@mail.maclaunch.com>
To unsubscribe, email:   <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For digest mode, email:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subscription questions:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
List archive:            <http://mail.maclaunch.com/lists/1st-powermacs/>

iPod Accessories for Less
at 1-800-iPOD.COM
Fast Delivery, Low Price, Good Deal