In a message james grant tyner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

<<I have a 6100/60 with a non-functioning AppleCD 300Plus . Hoping that
someone on the list can advise whether this can be replaced with a Sony CD-R/RW
unit (M# CRX17OE)that was OE in my G4 before I installed DVD-R/RW in same. Any
help would be appreciated-I just do not want to mess around blindly.>>

I quick google search of "CRX170E" gives a link to a g-list post that
identifies the Sony as an ATA device. If this true it won't work in a 6100 you
will
need a SCSI device for a replacement.

To verify this, count the number of pins on the connector where the Sony
CD-R/RW connects to the 6100 ribbon cable. This will tell you what type of
device
you have.

--glen (digest mode)

  --> AOL users, remove "mailto:";
Send list messages to:   <mailto:1st-powermacs@mail.maclaunch.com>
To unsubscribe, email:   <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For digest mode, email:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subscription questions:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
List archive:            <http://mail.maclaunch.com/lists/1st-powermacs/>

iPod Accessories for Less
at 1-800-iPOD.COM
Fast Delivery, Low Price, Good Deal