on 6/7/05 3:44 PM, John Abraham at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> A PRAM battery should not be any problem I assume it is different than
> the 6200 again what do I look for.
>
> Will the power supply of the 6200 work with the 6500 if it does will it
> limit the use of the 6500 board ?.  If I get my hands on a 6500 power
> supply will it be a straight replacement for the 6200 or will some
> other adjustment's be needed ?.
The p-ram batteries are the same. I don't think the power supply in the 6200
will power everything on the 6500 board (maybe it is the PCI slot, I don't
recall), and I'm pretty sure that the power supply from a 6500 will not fit
into the 6200 case. I *think* the solution for your box/board is a 6360
power supply. I've owned 100s of 6200/6300 machines, a few 6500s, and zero
6360s. According to MacTracker, the 6500 requires EDO ram. I've kinda lost
the point in rodding this form factor up, apart from the fun of the
exercise. Most likely, if you can get hold of a 6360 power supply, you could
get the whole 6360, which would make the old 6200's remains kinda useless
(and swapping out the power supply is, if memory serves, getting down to the
very last dustbunny in the box). I guess the Max deal would be to use a 630
face plate on a 6360 box and power supply with a 6500/300 board and whatever
the max ram that board can see, but I stopped with a 6320 with every
possible slot and jack filled. It is a slow, serviceable computer (OS 8.6,
netted to my LAN via Commslot ethernet card and online via Linksys
router/SpeedStream modem) and a pretty good t.v.
--
All the Best,

R.A. Cantrell

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Visit R.A.'s Old Mac (mostly) Stuff @

http://tinyurl.com/vfvn

  --> AOL users, remove "mailto:";
Send list messages to:   <mailto:1st-powermacs@mail.maclaunch.com>
To unsubscribe, email:   <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For digest mode, email:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subscription questions:  <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
List archive:            <http://mail.maclaunch.com/lists/1st-powermacs/>

iPod Accessories for Less
at 1-800-iPOD.COM
Fast Delivery, Low Price, Good Deal