Hi Folks,

I'm running DS-389 (version: 1.3.7.5 ; Build: 2018.178.1311) on a Cent OS 7
(vs. 7.6.1810) system.

I've been working through creating a Samba 4 server and using LDAP
authentication to my DS-389 server.   I've managed to get through
most everything but I'm running  into an issue with how passwords are working.

From the Samba box I can user the command "smbpasswd -a testuser" and it will
change the Samba NT password internal to the DS-389 system
along with the LDAP userPassword.

I can then use this new password to login to linux systems using ssh and into
my Samba shares from a Windows 10 system.

But this isn't how I want the system to run.....

I want to be able to change the LDAP password (userPassword) and have that then
update the sambaNTPassword.

I have been googling for days and ran across the suggestion to use the
smbkrb5pwd overlay but that looks specific to openldap and not DS-389.

I know there must be a way to update the userPassword field and have that push
out to the samba password but I can't find anything useful.

I'm hoping folks might have some suggestions on how to get the two passwords to
sync.    My smb.conf file looks like the following (scrubbed for
security):

# See smb.conf.example for a more detailed config file or
# read the smb.conf manpage.
# Run 'testparm' to verify the config is correct after
# you modified it.

[global]
        workgroup = SAMBA
        security = user

        passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://192.168.1.10

        ldap suffix = dc=abc,dc=edu
        ldap user suffix = ou=People
        ldap group suffix = ou=Groups
        ldap delete dn = no
        ldap admin dn = cn=Directory Manager
        ldap passwd sync = Yes
        ldap ssl = start_tls

        log level = 5 passdb:5 auth:5

        printing = cups
        printcap name = cups
        load printers = yes
        cups options = raw

        unix charset = UTF-8
        dos charset = CP932

        hosts allow = 127. 192.168.1.

#       max protocol = SMB2

        map to guest = Bad User

[homes]
        valid users = @smbgroup
        browsable = no
        writable = yes

[printers]
        comment = All Printers
        path = /var/tmp
        printable = Yes
        create mask = 0600
        browseable = No

[print$]
        comment = Printer Drivers
        path = /var/lib/samba/drivers
        write list = @printadmin root
        force group = @printadmin
        create mask = 0664
        directory mask = 0775

[Anonymous share]
        path = /samba/anonymous_share
        writable = yes
        browsable = yes
        guest ok = yes
        guest only = yes
        create mode = 0777
        directory mode = 0777

Thanks in advance!

(Sincere apologies for the multiple entries.  I don't post often and it seems
the original post got garbled)