> On 14 Mar 2019, at 05:08, Fong, Trevor <trevor.f...@ubc.ca> wrote:
>
> Hi There,
>
> I'm trying to set up dynamic groups with 389 DS (1.3.7.5 B2018.184.1411) but
> my queries against it don't seem to be returning any members.
> I have a user set up like this:
>
> objectClass: eduPerson
> objectClass: inetLocalMailRecipient
> objectClass: inetOrgPerson
> objectClass: inetUser
> objectClass: organizationalPerson
> objectClass: person
> objectClass: posixAccount
> objectClass: top
> cn: Test Abc
> gidNumber: <redacted>
> homeDirectory: /home/testabc
> sn: Abc
> uid: testabc
> uidNumber: <redacted>
> displayName: Test Abc
> givenName: Test
> loginShell: /bin/bash
> userPassword:: <redacted>
>

> I have my dynamic group set up like this:
>
> objectClass: groupOfUniqueNames
> objectClass: groupOfURLs
> objectClass: top
> cn: DynGroup-Test-UniqueMembers
> memberURL: ldap:///ou=PEOPLE,dc=test?objectClass?sub?(sn=Abc)
>

> The memberURL:
> ldap:///ou=PEOPLE,dc=test?objectClass?sub?(sn=Abc)
> returns uid=testabc
>
> However my query of the dynamic group doesn't return anything:
> ldapsearch -x -D "cn=Directory Manager" -W -b " ou=Groups,dc=test" -s sub -a
> always -z 1000 "(uniqueMember=uid=testabc,ou=PEOPLE,dc=test)" “objectClass”

Having a brief read I’m not sure that 389-ds resolves this for you, I think the
client is expected to read the group, then run the memberUrl queries? I could
be mistaken though…

An alternate solution to your problem is to use automember plugin with multiple
instances and allow that to populate your groups instead. That will allow
memberOf to work.

—
Sincerely,

William Brown