> On 3 Apr 2019, at 23:38, Crocker, Deborah <cr...@ua.edu> wrote:
>
> I just loaded version 1.3.8.4 on a Centos7 system (yum install 389-ds, which
> brings it all in) and there are no schemas deployed with the directory. There
> is only 99user.ldif which has the skeleton entries.
>
> I've never seen this happen before. I don't see them as a separate package. I
> could bring over the full set of schema files from the directory setup we
> will be migrating from but those were on a 1.2 x directory and I don't know
> if something in the basic schemas has changed.
>
> Any thoughts on how to get them?

Hi there,

As Mark has said, the schemas are now loaded from two locations. First, we
examine the system schema from /usr/share/dirsrv/schema and load all of those.
This allows us to ship updates to schema and improvements that will
automatically take effect with no work required by you.

Second we then parse /etc/dirsrv/slapd-instance/schema/ and load all of those
elements.If there is anything that overrides from
/etc/dirsrv/slapd-instance/schema, we’ll use that version instead, allowing you
the capability to “override” schemas in your instance.

Hope that helps,

> Thanks
>
> D. Crocker
>
> Deborah Crocker, PhD
> Systems Engineer III
> Office of Information Technology
> The University of Alabama
> Box 870346
> Tuscaloosa, AL 36587
> Office 205-348-3758 | Fax 205-348-9393
> deborah.croc...@ua.edu

—
Sincerely,

William Brown

Senior Software Engineer, 389 Directory Server
SUSE Labs