> On 28 May 2019, at 21:02, Angel Bosch Mora <abo...@imasmallorca.net> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm performing some tests and would like to configure a syncrepl client like
> this one:
>
>    https://github.com/landryb/syncrepl
>
> but I don't find useful information. For example, in this project there's a
> demo script that says abut URL argument:
>
>    'An LDAP URL with all information required to do work.'

Yep, because syncrepl is "just ldap" on top, so you don't need any special
configuration of the server.

The URL they mean is of the form

ldaps://ldap.example.com:636/dc=example,dc=com?attrs?filter

For more, see, https://ldap.com/ldap-urls/

So anything that is "changed" matching the filter and scope given basedn etc,
you will be notified about as part of the syncrepl implementation.

> but I'm not sure what is expecting besides the fqdn and port, a filter? a
> basedn? both?
>
> According to docs
> https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_directory_server/10/html/administration_guide/content-synchronization

I think this is how you setup the server to allow syncrepl and define an ACI
over who can execute syncrepl, but the "filtering" is from the client URL I
think.

> you can do some exclusion and filtering on server side, so I don't really
> know what must I configure on the client side.
>
> does anyone have any working example of a syncrepl client?

I don't have an example sorry :(

> thanks in advance,
>
> abosch
>

> -- Institut Mallorqui d'Afers Socials. Aquest missatge, i si escau, qualsevol
> fitxer annex, es dirigeix exclusivament a la persona que n'es destinataria i
> pot contenir informacio confidencial. En cap cas no heu de copiar aquest
> missatge ni lliurar-lo a terceres persones sense permis expres de l'IMAS. Si
> no sou la persona destinataria que s'hi indica (o la responsable de
> lliurar-l'hi) us demanam que ho notifiqueu immediatament a l'adreca
> electronica de la persona remitent.
> -- Abans d'imprimir aquest missatge, pensau si es realment necessari.

—
Sincerely,

William Brown

Senior Software Engineer, 389 Directory Server
SUSE Labs