Not quite the same, we have done completely hands-free deployments to cloud
instances using `terraform`.  Part of that automation was an additional tool we
wrote, `replform`, which handles the automation of replication.

Like `terraform`, it is declarative, ie, you describe the desired end state in
a configuration file (we normally stored it in a `git` repo), and it examines
the current state, coming up with a "plan" for for the actions that need to be
taken to achieve it (eg, create repman, configure replica, add agreements,
perform initialization, etc.):
 https://github.com/bozemanpass/replform

While it can be run "globally" to configure all the replication partners in one
swoop, when using it with `terraform` we normally have run as the last step of
the initial setup, and then frequently as cronjob, in both cases only making
changes to the local server.  That way each server is responsible for only its
end of the bargain as instances are added or removed, which would limit the
damage if a bad configuration change were pushed.

Again, while this was all using terraformed VMs, there would be a substantial
amount of overlap when using containers.