Le 20/08/2019 à 02:22, William Brown a écrit :

> Hello fellow Australian!

Austria, not Australia. No kangaroos here. :o)

> As for the setup - you may notice the Centos7 doesn't match the port389
> quickstart as those tools are part of 1.4.x. Today you can get those through:
>
> * Fedora
> * Centos8/RHEL8
> * OpenSUSE LEAP + network:ldap repository.

I'm heavily biased towards CentOS, since this is what I use on all my
servers. I published two books about CentOS in France, and I'm currently
busy writing the third.

https://www.microlinux.fr/administration-linux-par-la-pratique-tome-1/

https://www.microlinux.fr/tag/centos/

> I'm biased as I work for SUSE so I would advise you to use OpenSUSE and leap,
> but the other developers are from Red Hat and they do wonderful work on the
> project as well. The SUSE repo has the benefit that network:ldap updates with
> "upstream" but supports multiple opensuse versions so you'll always get the
> "right packages". It tends to update within 24hours of upstream security
> releases etc.

I'm using OpenSUSE Leap 15.1 KDE on all my desktops - and those of my
clients. Our local school is 100 % OpenSUSE & CentOS.

https://www.microlinux.fr/tag/opensuse/

Cheers,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat