tama..umpisahan natin sa inuman yan...ano allan? Arvin? Lex? Nick?

----- Original Message -----
From: <4c-math94@yahoogroups.com>
To: <4c-math94@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, July 08, 2005 11:57 AM
Subject: Re: [4c-math94] The Philippines is doing very well

Dapat kasi sa Pinas, mag-impose ng high penalty for TNT's.
Kaso kaninong bulsa na naman mapupunta iyong pera ?

Saka hindi naman dapat naghihirap ang Pinas,
biro mo renewal lang ng passport  sa Singapore embassy eh S$100 na....
wala pa 1K sa atin ito....
saka ang exit pass at travel tax ....   sa dami ng umaalis at
nagbabakasyong OFW sa bansa.....

ewan ko nga ba......  "milagro" na lang ang makakapagpabago ng puso ng mga
politicians sa atin.

kaya ni Lord patigasin ang puso ng isang tao like Saul,
at kaya niya ring palambutin ang puso (ng mga politiko)....

kaya pag-pray niyo ang bansa natin (best move) at do your part....
starting from our own families (4cmath)...

Regards,

Michael Hollmann
IT - Operations Programme
Great Eastern Life Assurance Co Ltd
Reg No. 1908 00011G
DID : 6248 2576

                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      Sent by:                 To:
4c-math94@yahoogroups.com
                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]        cc:
                      oups.com                 Subject:  [4c-math94] The
Philippines is doing very well

                      07/08/2005 11:13
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      4c-math94

The Philippines is doing very well

           Many of you would probably be surprised to see the heading
of the article. You probably have a different opinion than the headline
of this article. I did not write this article to start a debate. I am
never fond of a debate. My purpose in writing this article is to let
most people know that some people do hold a different opinion. And to
let other people, who believe in the headline of this article that you
are not alone. Basically it all boils down on how to look at a glass of
water. Do you look at it and say it is half full or do you look at it
and say it is half empty. For many Filipinos they not only say that it
is half empty, they even curse and blame everybody for making the glass
half empty.

           I was born from a poor family. My father died before I was
10 years. But my mother believes in me. She said that I can make a
difference in my life and the lives of my countrymen. I was told the
same thing in High School. I took my high school in Philippine Science
High School. Our teachers said we are the "crème de la crème" we can
make a difference in the world and I believe them. The same thing was
told to me when I was in UP. We can make a difference in the world we
live in. When I joined my fraternity, it was emphasized that we are the
best and we can make a difference. This was also the sales talk in our
MBA class in UP. We are the best and we can make a difference. My life
is premised on the idea that I can make a difference.

           Now lets get to the point, let me show you some good news.
First the economy. The Philippine economy grew by 6.1% in 2004 the
highest in 15 years and is expected to grow at least 5% per year for the
next 3 years. The Philippine economic growth also bested more than 100
countries including Japan, USA, Germany, France, England, Switzerland,
Belgium, and the rest of Europe, Indonesia, Thailand, and Malaysia. In
fact our growth rate is one of the best in the world.  What is even
better is that it is forecasted to grow by more than 5% per year for the
next 3 years. This is extremely good. Of course the pessimists will
point out that our base is smaller etc. Here is my question. If your son
got a grade of 1.25 for a very hard subject like math would you belittle
his performance by telling him, "I am not impressed. Your classmates did
much better in the past. Their average is much higher than yours." Or
would you tell him "Son you did well. Let us continue doing well"

           The second point security. The Philippines is one of the
safest places in the world.. Before you howl in protest, I admit that we
do have some problems but in general we are safer than America with one
the most number of murders per 100,000 population. Where 9/11 happened.
Where race riots broke out in LA. Were people drive in to McDonalds and
shoot everybody for no apparent reason, where children shoot and
massacre other children. We are safer than Thailand where more 1000
people died last year because of the insurgency. We are safer than
Indonesia; British and Irish civilians still kill its other in the
thousands. We are better than Israel, Pakistan, India, Afghanistan
Almost all of Africa and most of the Middle East. We are better than
most of South America as far as security is concerned. In fact we are
not in the list of top 50 most murderous countries in the world.
Included in the top 50 is Colombia (#1), Russia (#3), Finland (#20),
Malaysia (#23), France (#28), Australia (#31), Canada (#32), Japan (#44)
and many more.

           The 3rd point is politics. Philippine politics is a politics
of patronage, admitted But why do Filipino Americans raised so much hell
about our politicians. They could probably get their cue from Clinton
when He said" I did not have sex with that woman". He lied, was
impeached but was found not guilty by the American senate. Of course it
also helps to know that there are more than 10,000 "United Filipino
Associations" in America. What I am saying is that what is happening in
the Philippines is a normal antics for politicians. It should not be a
cause of undue alarm. We should not be too hard on ourselves. On a very
promising note. Our country's politicians are not a hopeless case. Look
at what happened in Marikina. The Fernandos transformed Marikina to be a
world-class municipality in terms of cleanliness, people pride, basic
services, and government services in a span of 10 years. So if we choose
our leaders wisely, 10 years is all that is needed to make a difference
for our whole country.

           The 4th point is poverty. 40% of the Filipinos are poor. We
are rank 47th among the poorest country in the world. My question is
what do you do when you are poor and would like to improve your lot? The
answer is doing something about it. In our country, people migrate,
people work hard but very few take the route of entrepreneurship. Do you
know that Chinese tnt's would rather go to the Philippines than America?
Do you that Government estimates about 80,000 Chinese tnt's every year
go to the Philippines? For many would be Chinese entrepreneurs, the
Philippines is the perfect country. They have very few competitors.
There are many rags to riches Chinese stories in the Philippines. How
about us the dominant brown race? When will we learn that there is
alternative path?

           So that's it. I love my country and it is a great place to
be. We just need to believe that we can make a difference.

Sincerely Yours,

Ramon I. Castillo

Ask our other classmates to subscribe, tell them to send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<?---- LSpots keywords ?>

 Philippine hotels            Philippine phone card

                            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

       Visit your group "4c-math94" on the web.

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Ask our other classmates to subscribe, tell them to send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Yahoo! Groups Links