>From my cousin Mike.   Joji is my older brother.

Please read exchange of emails below from my (and Joji's batchmates) regarding
medical condition someone experienced.  Need to learn from this.....

  Mike

Tong Salvador <tongsalvador31@ yahoo.com> wrote:
  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] s.com
From: Tong Salvador <tongsalvador31@ yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 16:38:19 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [LSGHHS82] Update on ME

      Reggie,
  You got it right by saying that medical conditions
 (even death) are going to be very common at our age.  Why is it so hard to
"mature and get serious" with one's heatlth!!! Actually what baffled me really
is that my cholesterol levels was the only thing "high", the rest of my blood
test results are always avereage (blood sugar, etc), even my lung are very,
very clear.  STRESS triggered it all for me. Had a recent episode that really
troubled me which made my arteries constrict and shut off blood supply. Totoo
talaga na dapat mag relax and chill-out!!!

reggie asuncion <maxbuilders@ yahoo.com> wrote:
      Hi Tong,

Glad to know all turned out well and you have got a new lease on life.  Thank
God  all our prayers were answered to get you well.

Chito Gloria has also been preaching for everyone to exercise and and keep off
the vices.  So far I
 am one of those guilty folks who ignores diet and exercise calls.  Mahirap
talaga mag change ng lifestyle.  Masarap kumain ng masarap, tapos like you,
magastos mag bayad para mag exercise. Tamad pang mag pa pawis.

Thank you for the reminders.   I guess your experience is a wake up call to
all. I promise to make every effort to improve my health.

I have been reading  some of the postings of the older batches in  the manos
egroup.  Talaga naman  depressing  yung some postings doon.  Parating  merong
calls for prayers to the dearly departed and dwindling number of classmates sa
older batches.  I guess since we have celebrated our Silver Jubilee unti unti
ng dadami sa mga tumatanda yan ganyan situations.

Best regards and welcome back Mr. Cute and Handsome !
Reggie

Tong Salvador <tongsalvador31@ yahoo.com> wrote:

    Family, friends and others,
  one week stay at the hospital with no sunlight entering the room, let alone
not being allowed to move.......results in boredoom and long letters.

  Lifestyle:   One cup rice
 eater
                   Very Carnivorous (one viand per meal time naman)
                   2 Cups Coffee (instant, 21/2 sugar creamer)
                   2 liter a day Coke drinker
                   Smoker (2 packs a
 day)
                   San Mig-Lite drinker (moderate)
                   No exercise (due to leg cramps)
                   Works at home via computer (talagang no exercise)
                   Erratic mood swings
 (hang-ups/frustrati ons maybe)
                   Kulang sa social activities (expensive to go out eh)
                   No known adverse medical conditions

  Effect: Cholesterol Deposits / BLOCKAGES (see arrow on
 images)

                                Heart                              Arteries to
Left and Right Legs

  What Happened: 3:30pm (at work place) Felt
 “pins & needles” travel down my left arm. Couldn’t inhale deeply which I
concluded due to left arm condition. Exercised my arms…..pain disappeared.
(Never had chest pains whatsoever)

  6:30pm  Got home, lit a cig, sat down to watch TV. Felt same sensation to
left arm, and breathing problem. Went straight to take cold shower, got
temporary relief but even before I could finish, symptoms reoccurred and this
time “pins & needles” started to radiate down both legs. Prayed to God to spare
me since I’d rather take care of my wife on our old age than the other way
around. (Wife has numerous adverse medical conditions nga eh).  Breathing
shallow again but thank God no chest pains whatsoever. Dressed up (from shower)
and lay down on bed and felt a little
 relief but then I started to feel “clammy” all over. Grabbed my cell phone and
relayed my condition to Dr. Noel Lagman (LSGH’82 Batch mate/MMC Emergency
Department head honcho). Requested him to come over to my house to check on me
and take me to MMC…….told me to have myself rushed to St.Luke’s hospital since
it was 5 minutes away from my place and that he would arrange my arrival there.

  MEDICAL FINDINGS:  Had a heart attack (showed in ECG and found heart attack
enzymes in blood test.)
  Doctor tried to feel for a “pulse” in my left and right groin (singit) since
this is where an angiogram test will be done to reach my
 heart…….Walang pulso…..that’s when I told the Doctor that I’ve been having
legs cramps on both legs (calves area) whenever I try to exercise or even walk
a short distance.
  ERGO: Angiogram thru my left arm…….dyed revealed that once my main artery
splits up to go to each leg, there was a 99.999% blockage to my right leg and
90% to my left leg. Likewise the artery to the lower right side of my heart was
95% blocked.
  Unstable to move me anywhere, medical procedure had to be done.

  LESSONS LEARNED:
  Just because we don’t feel any symptoms it does not mean you’re ok. I am now
more sensitive to what my body tells me. Doctor said that if a person regularly
gets leg cramps, blood circulation may be hindered……..constant leg cramps is
also a sign to have a cardiac test since cardiac and vascular problems are
mostly related. Prevention is still better than the cure. This was a humbling
experience for me and a very expensive one since the hospital bill cost me
P920, 000.00

  At an age of only 42 I thought I was invincible- I WAS WRONG! Now that I have
been given another chance – I’d like to share this with everyone in the hopes
that you guys will learn
 something from my experience.

  Lastly and humbly I am appealing to kind souls out there to help me, may it
be through prayers and/or financial assistance. I had to get some temporarily
loans so that I may be released from the hospital.

  I may not be able to repay or thank all of you individually but my prayer is
that may God return all of your generosity a hundred folds and may blessings
upon blessings be showered to all of you and your families.

   Cute and Handsome,
  TONG SALVADOR

Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.

   Cute and Handsome,
  TONG SALVADOR
in the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.

Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot
with the All-new Yahoo! Mail

<!--

#ygrp-mlmsg select, input, textarea {font:99% arial, helvetica, clean,
sans-serif;}
#ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
#ygrp-text{
font-family:Georgia;
}
#ygrp-text p{
margin:0 0 1em 0;}
#ygrp-tpmsgs{
font-family:Arial;
clear:both;}
#ygrp-vitnav{
#ygrp-vitnav a{
padding:0 1px;}
#ygrp-actbar{
#ygrp-actbar .left{
float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
.bld{font-weight:bold;}
#ygrp-grft{
#ygrp-ft{
padding:5px 0;
}
#ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
padding-bottom:10px;}

#ygrp-vital{
#ygrp-vital #vithd{
#ygrp-vital ul{
padding:0;margin:2px 0;}
#ygrp-vital ul li{
}
#ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
#ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
font-weight:bold;}
#ygrp-vital a {
text-decoration:none;}

#ygrp-vital a:hover{
text-decoration:underline;}

#ygrp-sponsor #hd{
color:#999;font-size:77%;}
#ygrp-sponsor #ov{
#ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
#ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
#ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
#ygrp-sponsor #nc {
#ygrp-sponsor .ad{
padding:8px 0;}
#ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
#ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
text-decoration:none;}
#ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
text-decoration:underline;}
#ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
margin:0;}
o {font-size:0;}
.MsoNormal {
margin:0 0 0 0;}
#ygrp-text tt{
font-size:120%;}
blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
.replbq {margin:4;}
-->

Park yourself in front of a world of choices in alternative vehicles. Visit the
Yahoo! Auto Green Center.
http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/