Enrico Rizzo wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I really enjoyed the 64studio release i downloaded a few days ago to
> make some noise with my AMD64 based PC.
>
> Today I hacked a little with Bristol sources, latest version, and at
> last it worked.
>
> The only problem is that no midi input port for bristol is listed in
> jack control (audio output is shown correctly instead), so I can't
> trigger sound by MIDI (the virtual embedded keyboard works fine).
>
> I run the startBristol script with -jack -B3.
>
> Anyone has experimented yet?
>
> Thanks

Hi Enrico,

I had the same problem. The writer of Bristol, Nick Copeland, advised to
use this command to activate ALSA SEQ interface instead of ALSA rawmidi:

startBristol -jack -midi seq

Works fine here. The latest version of Bristol is indeed nice and much
more stable than earlier versions.

Cheers,

Tapani