> I haven't used PQ either.  In fact, has anyone used PQ in the last
> couple years?  I wouldn't trust OO to do my databases, but considering
> the Sinkhole of Support I'd be likely to experience with PQ (it's in
> sources/extra, it's old, it's unsupported), I'd be more inclined to
> write an interface to a remote postgresql or MySQL server, or try to
> port one of those.

while databases aren't in the unix/plan 9 cannon, i've had jobs
where we really did have a database of users, groups, subscriptions,
searches, documents, document collections and collection groups.
foreign keys a go go.  (mysql need not apply.)

on a small scale, this is plenty managable in a traditional filesystem.
when you need to track ~30 million documents and a couple hundred
million searches while insert rows in multiple tables transactionally,
a real database is awful nice.

while it would be nice to have a beefy plan 9 database, i wouldn't
bother porting one even if i needed it.  why not figure out what the
client protocol is and implement that for plan 9?