> Hello all,
> I'm trying to get a system running. So far, everything works but the
> LAN. The motherboard has a Marvell 88E1111 Gb chip. I looked at
> hardware listings on the site and guessing its not supported. Can
> someone recommend a recent motherboard that works?

the marvell 88e1111 is a phy not a nic.  what nic do you have?

if it's not supported, you could always add a supported nic such as
the intel pro 1000/pt.  they're about $35.

it's hard to recommend a specific consumer motherboard since the lifetime
is so short.  i got these motherboards within the last 3 months:

- msi k9ag-neo2         amd sb600 chipset 8169-compatable nic
        no mp interrupts for serial.
- supermicro x7sbe      intel 3100/ich9r chipset 82573 nic
        no pata at all.  no hotswap.

you're probablly better off working the other way -- from workable
parts to a motherboard.  for example, amd sb600 or better +
8169-compatable (e.g.  realtek 8111b).