> Erik said I should try with a 9load from may 2007 or earlier, so I was
> wondering if anyone of you had one handy, or if there's a way to obtain
> one easily (mounting an old snapshot?)?

In addition to the one erik's now posted for you, you can get at the
archived snapshots on sources from any net-connected plan9 machine
(say a virtual machine or account on somebody else's cpu server):

: root; 9fs sourcesdump
: root; cd /n/sourcesdump/2007/0401/
: root; lf
9grid/          contrib/        fastos/         patch/          wiki/
adm/            extra/          lsr                     plan9/          xen/
: root; ls -l plan9/386/9load
--rwxrwxr-x M 34540 glenda sys 220040 Feb 18  2007 plan9/386/9load