On 02/05/2008, at 8:34 AM, Chad Dougherty wrote:

Robert William Fuller wrote:
I don't use Python for this very reason. This is probably why Ruby exists. I will not use your language for the same reason. By adopting such draconian white space rules you automatically alienate a large number of programmers.

A blind programmer once told me that Python's whitespace block structure was simply too high of a barrier for him to use it.

straying off-topic, but ...

the Python distribution includes a tool called 'pindent'. it happily annotates Python source with block-closing comments and converts haphazardly indented source with block-closing comments into correctly indented Python source.

   http://svn.python.org/projects/python/trunk/Tools/scripts/pindent.py