On 2008-06-06, Russ Cox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>  - Using venti for backing up a streaming application is not a good idea.
>>  - Contiguous storage areas may be better.
>
> So far I agree with you.

> to the disk's ctl file.  A GPT implementation would be only a few
> hundred lines confined to a single user-space program, if anyone
> cared to write it.

I don't care, too. The only, but in my eyes and for my personal use
significant, difference it makes, is that these partitions are
uniformly accessible from different OSs. Of course, only from those,
which see GPT partitions. I agree that the idea of evolving MBR to
GPT was terrible. But it is there, as there are different OSs and
different opinions, sometimes in the same computer system or human head.
--
Dipl.-Math. Wilhelm Bernhard Kloke
Institut fuer Arbeitsphysiologie an der Universitaet Dortmund