On Fri, Nov 07, 2008 at 11:22:49PM +0100, David du Colombier wrote:
Hello,

I tried to use my IBM ThinkCentre S50 as a Plan 9 terminal,
but I discovered a really strange problem.

When I boot my terminal using PXE, rio is running fine, but the
cursor does not appear. The mouse is useable, but with an invisible
cursor and I cannot type anything with the keyboard.

This problem does not appear before launching aux/vga.
When I launch aux/vga manually, I cannot type anything after.

I don't have this problem if I boot locally on this terminal,
using the Plan 9 cdrom.
And I don't have this problem on my other terminals booting PXE
on the same cpuserver, like my IBM PC300PL.

I tried things like "echo -n hwaccel off > '#'v/mousectl", but
it does not seem to change anything.

How can I solve this problem?

We've had the same problem here when turning on Hyperthreading...

iirc, David Eckhardt has posted here about this a few years ago; I don't
remember if there was fix in that thread or not.

-- vs