starting with something like /sys/src/cmd/nfs.c or ramfs.c
and a setup like this:

        mount /stuff /n/node0
        import node1 /stuff /n/node1
        import node2 /stuff /n/node2

fscreate and fsopen would create or open /n/node[012]/file and fswrite
would write to /n/node[012]/file.  a good developer (not necessarily a
superstar) could write it in a week.

but this assumption -- that this would work better than if all the
nodes accessed a reliable file server -- is wrong.