> remember, this is plan9 and everything is a file. chances are your
> "script" is already available in some filesystem and you don't need to
> write it out:: create a new window inside acme, type your awk script
> and then issue ">awk -f /mnt/wsys/X/body" where X is the ID of your
> window.

well, though an inspiring idea, it doesn't sound to be much practical:
1) I usually have a special window in which I have many commands. I
then select the one needed and chord it to the appropriate window
(i.e. I don't use the whole contents of a window).
2) sometimes I have more such windows.

The very question for me now is: why it behaves how it behaves, i.e
why newlines (if it's them) are problematic.

Ruda