On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 12:23, yy<yiyu....@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/8/7 roger peppe <rogpe...@gmail.com>:
> Contents of all the taglines
>
> i have lost precious one-liners in column headers.

Didn't copy them into guide files in the current directory?  Seems to
work just as well for file commands, if not edit commands (which just
need copied back).

>> - Dump would dump to the restored-from file rather than
>> $home/acme.dump by default.

I put "Dump /where/ever/dumps/go" in the top tagline and highlight it,
works well enough for me.

> very good judgement is needed to accept or reject acme patches.

I can definitely attest to this principle in my own work.  In terms of
apprentice/journeyman/master for a particular program: the apprentices
write a lot of code, most of which is thrown away to get to a few good
ideas; the journeymen refine ideas into something worthy of a patch,
and may own a subsystem; and the master vets all code for
architectural coherence.  These roles vary by code base: I'm
apprentice of Plan 9, master of a 10-year-old build system.  I can
transfer some knowledge and skills, but still need to learn the
conventions and architecture before suggesting any dramatic (indeed,
noticeable) change.

Jason Catena