On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 9:45 AM, erik quanstrom <quans...@labs.coraid.com> wrote:
> On Tue Feb  1 10:40:33 EST 2011, eri...@gmail.com wrote:
>> doesn't mean its not a file system -- nothing saying such things can't
>> be layered.
>
> hg itself is not a file system, and i would imagine if one
> layered hgfs on top, one would either need to manually
> trigger "dumps", or one wouldn't want to live directly on
> hgfs.

Is fossil not a file system if it doesn't maintain a disk cache
and only dumps to venti?  Perhaps our disagreement would be
solved by saying that its not a disk file system.  Don't you
oppress me we with narrow minded views of what a file system
is and isn't.  Queue brzr saying sometimes a file system is just
a file system....except when its not.  Anyone have
any cigars?

      -eric