> I am not familiar with the use of Bash in Go; I suspect that they stick
> to stuff that will work across Baash versions though.

The difficult bit for argumentative people to grasp is that the Go
Team use features that are portable across bourne-like shells, they
just refuse to commit to that level of compatibility.  On the one
hand, requiring Bash gives them a reliable grounding and on the other
if they slip up and use an advanced feature the entire castle doesn't
come tumbling down on their head.

Putting it another way, they use Bash specifically to minimise this
type of argumentative bike-shedding.

++L