Hi, I'm having an hard time to debug a problem with http clients in
plan9/qemu (actually 9front, but I guess my questions apply to all
plan9 versions).

DNS and ping works properly, just http fails.

I suspect it's a proxy issue. I have set httpproxy environment
variable but with no success: both hget and mothra doesn't works.

I can connect to the qemu host webserver on port 80 and receive the
proper page, but for any other address I can't obtain a response.

The proxy does not log any access.

Now, to debug this issue, I'd like to telnet the proxy port and
manually forge an http request.

However I can't understand hot to specify a port reading man telnet.

What's plan9 equivalent of

   telnet www.google.com 80

Giacomo