Oh, I completely missed patch(1). And actually it was just when one should
look up for at first... man pages. Sorry.

Thanks for the tip!

It's a fragmented small community and that is just sad.  It is not
> likely that things will get better in the foreseeable future, so pick
> your side :-)

To pick a side, one should knows the "contenders" enough. :-)
It's very hard to find clear statements about the differences between the
various plan9 flavours, or clear descriptions of the vision driving the
development of each fork (at least I wasn't able to find them).
This is particularly true for plan9 forks that bet on Plan9 evolution
outside bell labs (9atom and 9front), while it's easy to get the
differences between 9legacy, Inferno, Nix-os etc...

More than 15 years ago, when I started using linux, it was easy to see how
Debian was different from RedHat or Suse.
In the Plan9 ecosystem, while looks that some are quite upsets about such
differences, it's hard to grasp them from the outside.

Giacomo