On 9/6/18, Bakul Shah <ba...@bitblocks.com> wrote:

> But if all you want to do is just run plan9 why even bother?

But that is disingenuous, isn't it? What one wants is Plan 9 as a
model for what may be a family of hardware APIs. It makes sense to
promote massive parallelism, but the API to it should be sufficiently
simple for a single individual to manage.

Most computing devices today are single-user, even those like my new
Android phone that offer shared user capabilities. Incidentally, the
authorisation model in this case is inadequate for my purpose (share
with a pre-teen).

So we have layers and we need the complexity to be shoved into
well-tested, sealed boxes that can be trusted, while the surface
remains as simple as 9P.

Any other model, I would prophesise, will reduce to DNA, with luggage
such a model is condemned to carry.

Lucio.