On Sat, Nov 23, 2019 at 04:35:25PM -0600, Steven Stallion wrote:
> The upstream version of Mercurial in the 9front ports collection is
> based on my work, not bichued's:
> https://code.9front.org/hg/ports/file/5f994209e142/dev-vcs/mercurial/mkfile

That repo is run by 9front users; I just host it.  That's why the
contact point is mveety in the repo listing.  9front doesn't ship any of
that code.

> The amount of work wasn't much, but if you're going to dredge up
> ancient history, at least be accurate:

I wasn't aware I was dredging anything up.  You complained about
something, and I went looking to see if I could fix the problem.

This repo is 9front:  http://code.9front.org/hg/plan9front/

Nothing else is 9front, and all of 9front is in that repo.  Here is the
revision history for the mercurial mkfile in 9front:
http://code.9front.org/hg/plan9front/log/tip/sys/src/cmd/hg/mkfile

Obviously the people who work on the ports appreciate your effort, but
it is not the same port of mercurial that 9front uses.  I hope this
clears up the issue.

In the future, if anyone is dissatisfied with any of the attribution or
use of any of the code in 9front, please feel free to contact the 9front
mailing list, and I'll do my best to verify & fix any such problems.
Complete archives are available over 9p; there's a script to make
accessing them easier at
https://code.9front.org/hg/plan9front/file/tip/rc/bin/9fs

If you'd prefer, you can also email me directly.

The other repos on that site are either user repos run by random people
who asked me for access, or else various code I've collected around the
internet and did not want to lose.  Some of those repos came from Uriel
and I never have figured out what they are or where they came from.  If
anyone can help with those, I'd appreciate it.

thanks,
khm