On 12/3/19, Richard Miller <9f...@hamnavoe.com> wrote:
>> and nobody is building a
>> release with an "OFFICIAL" stamp on it
>
> What exactly would you want such a stamp to mean?

If I may hi-jack the question, I think one needs a starting point that
everyone can use as reference.  What we have is the exact opposite and
that "damages the brand".

It would be ideal if we actually aimed for a small, common Plan 9 core
with the best of all versions (take 9atom, for example: it is the only
version that can reboot my workstation, even 9front freezes when
pressing ctrl-alt-del) and good enough for all improvements to be
capable of being rebased upon it.

It would be a target, not a starting point, one I would think we can
all be inspired by?

Lucio.