On Jan 31, 2021, at 4:36 PM, ~vidak <vi...@riseup.net> wrote:

> There are various languages we were thinking of doing the implementation
> in, ultimately some flavour of scheme. Perhaps one that could compile to
> C.

There is Nils Holm’s s9fes Scheme. It is strictly an interpreter but easy to
extend
with C code. See https://github.com/bakul/s9fes. I had added some support for
plan9 specific syscalls — more may be needed depending on what you want to do.

Chibi-Scheme supposedly works on plan9 though I haven’t played with it in years.

I imagine by socialFS you want to see your connections, posts, feeds, likes etc.
as files or directories? Everything but the actual content display? Sounds like
fun project!