[tswoskow...@gmail.com]
> I had a thought a while back: could one pilfer plan 9's libc and
> kernel guts to build an embedded c library à la newlib? The idea is a
> native hosted plan 9 microcontroller lab similar to arduino and your
> microcontroller program would look like a bare metal plan 9 program.

Isn't that what 'unikernels' are about?

As a side note to this thread I have a slow-running (crawling would be
more like it actually) side project to build a RISC-V SoC on an
Atrix-7 FPGA board, and I had imagined I might one day run Plan 9 on
it, although I might actually start with xv6 (if I ever get there).