09.04.2021 16:39:53 Charles Forsyth <charles.fors...@gmail.com>:
I still use it. I think it differs in many ways from the original version (the Caldera licence was to allow the 7th Edition code to be used in 2002).

Nice to read from you!

I personally found the code hard to read, but I feel it's just normal for the complexity of the task. Managing references is harder than it may sound, I'm sure.

I used your refer version for my two last theses in university, I just wished it had a native solution for double references. I needed the reference as footnotes in the text, as well as at the very end of the thesis under a bibliography/literature section. Refer can do both, but not simultaneously. I built a rc script around this which calls refer twice and merges the results, which is a very hacky solution... but it worked.

I like how refer embeds nicely into Plan 9 (with calls like refer/refer).

(This reminds me, I should finish my wwb port, but that's offtopic.)

Thanks for porting refer. Again, I wish we had some easier way to manage contrib packages, e.g. by having repositories and just clone and mk them. I never know which package is still supported and supposed to work and which ones are legacy and don't work.

sirjofri